- Bodies of Man
- Utility Programs and Web Services
Posts Tagged Esoteric and Occult
To understand and validate the esoteric knowledge there are other ways than clairvoyant faculties, and in the following I will list the things that I and others have found useful, with links to related texts.
Framework and Theories
- The primary thing is to build a consistent framework around ones knowledge, extending it when new knowledge comes to. Don’t make the structure bigger than you can hold it consistent, that is, if too many loose ends are floating around it’s too difficult to handle. I started with the Akasha Chronicles by Steiner, which is the Rosicrucian Cosmic History. More in Esoteric History of Man and Creation of the Sun System and the Zodiac
- If I didn’t have a theory, even if it was wrong, i couldn’t extend my knowledge. In research you will constantly be wrong on some points, but you will extend the area you are right all the time.
- Find a good consistent vocabulary to build the framework around. I use Steiner’s as no other esoteric language is as consistent and connected to our time. In the The Rosicrucian Cross I have relations between Kabbalah, esoteric and traditional names of the hierarchies/spiritual powers and in The Bodies of Man I have relations between the names of the layers of man in many spiritual traditions.
- Find a good structure to hang your knowledge on. I use the Kabbalah Tree of Life as no other structure is so clear, and every other major religion or spiritual tradition relates to the tree! More on the tree and it’s relations to other traditions here: The Rosicrucian Cross, Tao – The Equilibrium of Yin and Yang and Changing Hierarchies through Time.
- Remember Sherlock Holmes: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- Never rely on one source. What ever you find it should be consistent with other sources and/or it’s inherent logic should be impeccable. Findings without supporting evidence or inconsistencies should be saved until further evidence for or against is found. As a teenager I was somewhat fascinated with UFOs but then decided to have no meaning about them as it lacked both hard evidence, logical support, and relevance for my life.
- When you read a text and feels confused it may not be your problem, not all authors know what they write about. A person who don’t know his topic have a tendency to write large texts where the one who understand it fully only need few lines.
- Everything are usable as sources: science, religion, esoteric literature, fairy tales, films, your every day life, observance of your own thinking, dreams, and so forth.
- Use Retrospect Inquiry before sleep to find and think through the important events of the day, our mind is the best crucible we have to learn how the mind functions. One way is to think it through backwards, but after a time they pop up by themselves. In The Bodies of Man I have a comparison between the three soul components of man in various religious, esoteric and psychoanalytic systems. In steiners vocabulary they are Sentient soul, Intellectual soul, and Conscious soul and in physical they are known as Limbic brain, left brain hemisphere and right brain hemisphere, where the last is the least developed.
- Use your dreams to explore both your own consciousness but also other aspects of the physical and spiritual world. I have more on this in Dream Interpretation in Esoteric Work and Esoteric Aspects of the Isis figure
- If you find a seemingly inconsistency or lacking explanation, note it for future study, as it is often there the deeper understanding starts.
- Another possibility to collect spiritual knowledge without spiritual faculties are Astrology, which both have helped me get a clearer knowledge about myself, but also given me the astrologers clear and precise language, which no other psychological or spiritual tradition have. This opens for understanding of different kinds of esoteric literature which is indecipherable for non astrologers. An example in The Sons of Jacob and the Zodiac
- All this should relates back to spiritual knowledge, the Framework, otherwise it would be atomic knowledge without a unifying framework.
Areas of Research
- Understanding the physical laws of the universe, from the biggest to the smallest, “The Second Law of Thermodynamics”, This is Ahriman/Yin, Lucifer/Yang, and Christ/Tao in their most physical representation. Chaos or Order? No, Life!
- Understanding consciousness, starting with your own thinking. Is it possible to make Intelligent Machines?
- Understanding the laws behind the society of man. The Trap of Materialism
- Understanding the spiritual laws behind the physical life on Earth, the interaction between the physical and the spiritual, Ahriman and Lucifer, or Yin and Yang. Serpents of the Kundalini Fire and The Crucible
- Beware of conspiratorial theories. Hanlon’s Razor
Love of Truth
The search for truth is foremost in esoteric science, not that there is a TRUTH, but everybody should strive to find truth. Truth is not relative, nor is it political, and neither can it build on feelings alone. Truth is like a diamond, each human soul have it’s own facet of this diamond describing it’s view on the reality.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. Mohandas Gandhi
To find truth logic is necessary to find the way through the cacophony of information. Logic is valid on all planes, not only in the physical world, so it’s a vital tool wherever our search brings us:
“Consequently he who wishes to attain to human perfection, must therefore first study Logic, next the various branches of Mathematics in their proper order, then Physics, and lastly Metaphysics. He, however, who begins with Metaphysics, will not… only become confused in matters of religion, but will fall into complete infidelity.” ( — Maimonides) Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it
Life itself will force people to learn logic, each time we make an error and recognize it, we are forced to think and understand the Why behind, and with time and enough incarnations we begin to see the logic behind existence.
One way to think is Contemplative Inquiry, where the person sits with vertical back and open eyes and fully conscious, but letting the thoughts free on esoteric ideas, and in this way invite the higher I down into the thinking process. Thoughts on the physical world or closed eyes moves the focus to the physical noise, the background noise of the sentient soul.
Knowledge resides in the brain that is filled with thoughts of others, but wisdom resides in the souls of those who attentively listens to their own thoughts. Eli Wamberg
The research for knowledge will in itself change your life. The Eightfold Path
I believe that one picture replaces many words, so I have made some picture collections where I try to show the relationship between different religious and esoteric traditions. The following collages are entries into these collections. Most pictures both contains texts and references.
Variations around the Trinities
In all religions and esoteric traditions we have the three creative powers of the Trinity more or less hidden. These three powers are also known through their colors, with Red for the Father, Blue for the Mother, and typically Yellow for the Son, symbolizing all colors. The picture and label link to the collection:
This is the main theme of this blog, and the most central texts are:
- Tao – The Equilibrium of Yin and Yang
This symbol is known all over the world, from the old Celts, to the Romans, the Greeks, and so forth. The philosophy behind we find in all later religions and traditions, but of course extended with the understanding new cultures added.
- The Caduceus staff and the Tree of Life
The Caduceus staff is the same as we know as the Indian Kundalini, Pinga, and Pengala, and the Kabbalah Tree of Life.
- Serpents of the Kundalini Fire
The human body is a microcosmic version of macrocosmos, and it’s underlying spiritual structures are described in all religions, esoteric traditions, and healing systems, and I show these relations here.
- Chaos or Order? No, Life!
We see the physical world as totally separate from the spiritual world, but the rules the physical world follows are based on the spiritual world, keywords are Chaos Theory and Second Law of Thermodynamics.
- The Three Crosses of Golgotha
The three crosses on Golgotha has deep connotations to the spiritual background of our reality.
- The Rosicrucian Cross
The Rosicrucian Cross is man incarnated in the physical world.
- Changing Hierarchies through Time
Most understand God as an unchanging entity, but the godly evolve just as man does, or more correctly, we evolve together. This change are also reflected in the Kabbalah Tree of Life.
The World Egg and the Zodiac
The World Egg is the most universal symbol we have, and the Zodiac is the most developed form of it, but it’s everywhere, we just don’t recognize it as representing the world egg.
We can find the history of the zodiac in the four heavenly beasts, Eagle, Lion, Ox and Man; they were the first members of the Zodiac, first later came the Cardinal signs, and later again the mutable, they came when man began developing these qualities, just as the outer planets first became visible when they became influential. In the bible we find it in The Sons of Jacob and the Zodiac.
I have made a collection of pictures with text and references:
I have made “Creation of the Sun System and the Zodiac” for an illustrated overview of what was created, with the following extract as basis:
“The egg of Amma was closed, but made of four parts called ‘clavicules,’ themselves ovoid and joined as if they had extruded one from the others. Amma is four joined clavicules; it is only these four clavicles.” (Marcel Griaule & Germaine Dieterlen, Le renard pâle)
The sun system is ‘Amma’s Egg’ [the Zodiac], not the whole universe. Within his egg, Amma began spinning around, forming the po seed. The po is the smallest invisible seed at the center.
Amma then placed seven ‘words’ [Planets] in the po, which began to vibrate strongly within the seed. The spiraling vibrations caused four clavicles to grow forth from the po. These were the four heavenly beasts, the fixed star signs. These four Androgyne beings split into four male and four female, the cardinal and fixed star signs.
The Dogon call these beings the Nommo Anagonno, ‘The Word (Nommo) that Became Fish-Man’ (Anagonno). The male and female got a son, and the mutable star signs was created.
There are two levels of understanding, the macrocosmic, as mentioned above, but also the microcosmic:
“Hence, the eight ancestors were taken to heaven with the Nummo to learn the skills of civilisation. Later, each was given one of the eight grains of heaven, with which they returned to live with men, civilising them. They thus became the “civilising deities”, the Dogon equivalent of the Apkallu, or Seven Sages.” See The Old Granary.
This description of the Earth creation is only part of another greater history, the creation of man, which started long before Earth. In Esoteric History of Man I give a short overview of the path man has followed since the initial seed of man was created.
Francis Bacon and the American Project
What happens in the world have always been prepared from the spiritual world through highly developed people. In the time before Christ it was kings and priests who led the development, after Christ it was more incognito, but they were great personalities within all aspects of the society ingeniously infusing new ideas and changing the power structures from country to country op through Europe as the point of focus changed.
The American adventure wasn’t just a random thing, it was prepared through hundreds of years, but now the ideas behind have worn down, something new is needed.
I have collected some material behind the American project here, includes many pictures, texts, and references:
The driving force of history have always been a pair, the Hero and the Teacher as Alexander the Great and Aristotle. Was Francis Bacon the Teacher and King James I the Hero? Benjamin Franklin the Teacher and George Washington the Hero.
Description of the work done under the auspices of Francis Bacon:
- To develop and improve the English language for future use so it could become an instrument for a new world of universal values across national borders, with America as a pilot project.
- To formulate a renewed spiritually grounded whole philosophy of the future, uniting the physical, mental and spiritual, and built bridges between faith and enlightenment.
- Providing for publication of books in England and in continental Europe, and in general to stimulate learning, study, individual discernment and human integrity.
- To use theater and art as cultural and spiritual tool and through entertaining creativity to promote the formation, life-insight and consciousness transformation.
- To launch scientific research on a group basis, with special focus on promoting new, empirical discovery methods, the reader universe laws.
- Working in a ritual community for spiritual elevation, as has occurred in the helmet or the Knights of Solomon House, the Rosicrucian, Masonic work.
- To tell about it for posterity and hide it in cryptographic codes, so it little by little would be possible for people to see and understand the work and be encouraged to continue development.
From Søren Hauge: Shakespeare Mysteriet
Pythagoras et al
Much of modern esoteric knowledge goes back to Pythagoras, but what we know about his teachings are mostly through indirect sources.
I have collected a number of pictures, texts and references here:
See Pythagoras et al
One of the most interesting topics, but least understood, is the Golden Mean which Plato said was the key to the universe: “Golden Mean, Key to the Universe?“.
I have written a note on “Origin of the usage of Left Path and Right Path“, as it has been misused in various discussions, but it goes at least back to Pythagoras.
Apkallu, Arts, Astrology, Caduceus, Esoteric, Esoteric and Occult, Esotericism, Francis Bacon, Germaine Dieterlen, God, Golden Mean, Kabbalah, King James I, Marcel Griaule, Paracelsus, Pythagoras, Religion & Spirituality, Religion and Spirituality, Rosicrucianism, Tao, Tree of Life, Trinity, Universe, Walter Ralegh, Yang, Yin
- On Spiritual Research
- On Thinking
- Libra – an explanation through teamwork
- Dream Interpretation in Esoteric Work
- The Eightfold Path
- The Holy Nights of Christmas
- Anima Sola – The Lonely Soul – From an Esoteric View
- Esoteric Aspects of the Isis figure
- The Essene Gospel of Peace
- Esoteric Picture Collections with References and Texts
- The Trap of Materialism
- The Three Spiritual Principles of the Universe
- Elementals and Nature Religions
- Esoteric History of Man
- On Spiritual Research
- Abstract Thinking Adam Curtis AEon Ahanhata Ahriman Ajna Anima Animus Anthropos Aristotle Astrology Atma Buddha Buddhi Caduceus Chakras Christ Christianity Christian Rosenkreuz Consciousness Conspiration Theories Cross Dharma Dream Interpretation Dualism Earthly Mother Ego Equilibrium Franz Hartmann Gunas Hiram Abiff Horus Intellectual soul Isis Jacob Kabbalah Karma Kundalini Lucifer Madonna Main Articles Manas Manipura Mary Materialism Mercury Moon Muladhara Osiris Paracelsus Plato Politics Rajas Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality Rose Rosicrucianism Rudolf Steiner Sahasrara Sattva Sentient soul Serpents Shadows Shekinah Sophia Steiner et al Sun Svadhistana Tamas Tao Vishuddha Yang Yin Yin-Yang Zodiac