In the series “Avatar: The Last Airbender” there is a short but good description of the seven chakras.
Most that see it think of it as cute, but it’s actually ingenious, and a good example that shows gold nuggets can be found everywhere.
Let’s us now look at the steps up the chakras:
- Root Chakra – Earth. This is the most physical chakra and is about basic survival. The problem is fear: Understand that what you fear is illusionary.
- Hara Chakra – Water. This is the etheric chakra and is about life and pleasure. The problem is guilt: We should learn to forgive ourselves, accept the reality and release all the guilt and blame within us.
- Solar Plexus – Fire. This is the astral chakra and is about willpower. The problem is shame that blocks the will and disappointment in yourself. Release the shame.
- Heart Chakra – Air. This is the soul chakra and is about love. The problem is grief, sadness and sorrow, make it conscious, examine it and then accept it as it is, letting the pain dissolve. Then let yourself be filled and renewed with love and joy.
- Throat Chakra – Sound. This chakra is about truth and the negative side is lies we tell ourselves: our wishful thinking, our opinions. We must create a genuine love of truth.
- Third Eye – Light. This chakra is about duality: our belief that we are separate from the rest of humankind, from the rest of creation.
- Crown Chakra – Thought. Cosmic contact with the higher hierarchies. The problem is attachment to the physical. Whereas the first six chakras are steps we have to take, the seventh is by Grace when we have passed the test of the first six.
It has Greek subtitles, but they can be turned off in the Settings/Subtitles.
Fear, guilt, shame, grief, lies, duality and attachment, are all problems in ourselves, but we project them out on the world.
- Fear. We give the surrounding world as reason for our fear, but what we fear is our own invention.
- We search for everything that we can feel guilty about: We often take responsibility for things that are not our responsibility. We give a child (ourselves as child) responsibilities that even a grown up can’t bear.
- Shame. We are ashamed of who we are, that we don’t live up to our own often childish expectations. This feeling of shame often creates a constant repressed anger, waiting to explode.
- Grief. Our heart is void of love: we feel alone, feel unloved, feel godforsaken. We don’t see all the people that love us; we don’t give them possibility to show their affection because we are afraid of rejection.
- Lies. Our opinions, subjective truth, illusions and everything that hinders us seeing the world as it is, or makes us afraid of losing face, all destroy the love and joy of truth.
- Duality. Our great illusion is that we are separate from others: that it is ‘them and us’, that we are in conflict with the world, when in reality we are the world.
- Attachment. We believe that the physical world has significance in itself.
The three lowest chakras are paired with the three highest chakras, and they are transformed together. Fear and attachment are connected; guilt and duality are connected; shame and lies are connected. Grief stands alone and is the catalyst of the others. The heart is about love, and grief is lack of love. Attachment is caused by fear, and guilt is the result of belief in duality – you have done something to another, without understanding that you have done it against yourself. Shame is the result of lies, of illusions.
Steiner on the Chakras: Some Results of Initiation
Buddhas Eightfold Path, about the throat chakra: The Eightfold Path